Five positive things today :
1. Let the sunshine in. Been another glorious sunny day! Even bought myself some new sunnies!
2. Scones. While Violet napped this morning, meaning I couldn’t carry on noisy housework, I baked scones! Had to use some wholemeal flour as ran out of white but they’re ok! Nice with butter and rhubarb & ginger jam!
3. Friends. Had something on today that I was a bit nervous about but felt much more at ease after kind words from a few friends (and a hug from one!), and a phone call from Webby 🙂
4. Skirt! Got to wear the skirt I made today! First time I’d worn it out! Had a couple of compliments too! 🙂
5. Family tea. My folks were looking after the kids while I popped to town this afternoon, my sister in law was there too, I met Webby while I was out and when we got back to Mum’s he went and picked up my brother and we all had dinner together! Great food, lovely company 🙂
Bit late today but here’s my five!
- Home early. Webby has had a stinking cold lat few days, today he had a rest day from work and came home a bit early. I know he’s not well but was lovely to have him around!
- Lunch & leg dancing. My mum did us lunch today – steak ‘n’ chips! Thanks Mum! After we were having a cup of tea and Violet was playing on the floor, lying on her side. She then pushed the button on her musical toy and stated jigging her leg around in the air! Was so funny to watch!
Here’s another new trick she’s learnt – uh oh!
- Sunshine & garden time. The sun has shone most of the day today so after school the children got to play outside helping Daddy clear a bit more of the back garden, watching him cut the grass, and Violet exploring flowers and a lady bird (it quickly decided it would be safer in the air!)
- New phone. Today I became eligible for a phone upgrade. I decided on the iPhone 4S. I currently have an iPhone 4 that I love but couldn’t justify forking out for the latest iPhone so went for the next one up from mine instead! Also reduced the monthly payment plan i was on!
- Cuddles. Little Violet has come down with this nasty cold too so lots of cuddles have been had already! She’s just gone down in her cot but think she’ll be joining me in bed before long. Webby has taken to the sofa so we’ve got room to co-sleep bless him!
Five positives for today..
1. Waking up. Woke up to sun trying to shine through the blinds this morning! Bea
This is the view from our bedroom!
2. Run! Have had a week off running due to the weather and the pavements being deadlier than the road (in my head I wrote that to the Space song – Female of the Species!) Today I put my trainers on and off I went. Was a tough one today, a combination of not having run for a week, trying to pick up where I left off, hills and stitch are accountable for that! The two mile run turned out to be a two mile run then a two mile walk back, next time I’ll be making sure the tide is out! But it’s done and that feels good!
Not bad views running round here!
3. Daffodils and lambs! Signs spring is on it’s way and that we can hopefully turn our backs on the snow and gloom for a while! According to the Independant it’s been the coldest March for half a century! It’s all this global warming eh?
4. At the moment Violet will try and sometimes eat pretty much anything I put in front of her which is more than can be said for my eldest two! I try not to worry about that though, am sure their tastes will broaden as they get older. It’s a pleasure to see Violet munching away! She’s the only one of my children that will eat tomatoes, here she is demolishing some raspberries and getting it all over her face!
In the words of Sir Cliff, “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!”
1. Our beautiful country. Drove through some stunning scenery on our way to Wales, the mountains still covered in snow. Been a while since we did a log car journey with Violet, she hasn’t been a massive fan of the car but she was much more settled today 🙂
2. Sunshine. The journey was made much more pleasant by the presence of the sun warming the car and lifting spirits! A good start to our break! I hope we see more of it during this week!
3. I can see the sea. We can see it from the cottage we’re staying in, stunning! It’s so peaceful.
4. Clapping! Violet has been clapping today, it’s not the first time she’s clapped but is the first time she’s done it and been able to make a sound!
5. Reading and crochet. Not picked up my kindle for a few weeks but today I did and read a few pages of You Can Buy Happiness (and it’s cheap). Interesting stuff and makes a lot of sense. In this chapter the author writes about the link between debt and depression. Also enjoyed a spot of crochet. If only my multi tasking skills were such that I could do both at the same time!