Five positive things from today:
- Cheering up a friend.. with a handmade gift. This is my favourite positive from today 🙂
- Colourful. Today has looked so colourful! It seems spring has sprung. I noticed a few blossom trees, lots of yellows and pinks popping up from luscious green grass! Wore a yellow top today and got a couple of people comment on how lovely it was to see some bright colour! Spotted this feather flitting around in the breeze this morning, not colourful but had a pretty pattern.
- Violet. Today and the last couple of days her little character is really starting to show! She can be very serious when inspecting new faces, but with those she’s familiar with she’s all smiles and toothy grins. She laughs at a special few people just because she can and is starting to laugh when you do! She’s getting her cheeky grin perfected pretty quick too! She’s a real pleasure 🙂
- Goodnight phone call. My husband has just called to say goodnight, he was away last night and tonight with work, boo hoo, but back tomorrow 🙂 He always calls me though, love to hear his voice on the phone! 🙂
- Another project done. Finally got round to sorting Violet’s cot bumper – it didn’t have enough ties on it so it was flapping around and looked a mess, so today I used some of the left over fabric from my skirt, cut up some strips and sewed them on, along with three hearts to make it a bit more interesting as it was just plain off white. Looks much better but Violet is asleep now so will take a couple of photos tomorrow!
After doing my Folksy Friday post and finding the pretty embroidery items, I fancied having a go at doing a little something! It’s been probably more than 20 years since I did any, I used to do it with my Gran on my weekly Sunday visits, between playing Scrabble of draughts! I popped into the local sewing shop (The Sewing Shop!) the next day and picked up a hoop and some threads..
I have a friend, Jodi (from yesterday’s post!) who will be decorating a room for Sylvie and thinking of doing a woodland theme so I thought I’d make a little hanging hoop of some toadstools to go in it. I didn’t have a special disappearing ink pen so I looked at a few pictures online and used one as a guide to look at. I’m pleased with how it turned out! It’s mostly done in backstitch with a few french knots. I think it helped cheer her up after a bit of a traumatic evening (all ok now though!)
Today’s five positive things..
- Not cancelling. This morning when I woke up I felt a bit rough – my skin has flared a bit, I’ve done something to my back and I’ve got a blocked milk duct (if I had to describe it with a film character it would be Quasimodo!) I had a friend coming to visit this morning and I very nearly cancelled. But, I jumped in the shower and pulled myself together instead! Skin felt much better after showering, my friend came and we had a lovely catch up! I’d not see her since Violet was a few weeks old and she now has a five month old little boy so finally got to meet him! He was full of smiles and had a lot to say, and found Xander highly amusing!
- Finishing my skirt! I’m so pleased with it!
- Cake! Baked a carrot cake today, think it’s only the second time I’ve done one! It’s just cooling then I’m going to (hopefully) enjoy a slice with a cup of tea! I shall blog it tomorrow if it’s as delicious as it looks!
- Children laughing. While I was upstairs getting Violet to sleep, Millie and Xander were watching a bit of Big Bang Theory. Most of the humour goes over their heads but I could hear Xander giggling away at something, he then came upstairs and told me about it as he’d found it so amusing!
- Crochet. Got the rest of the evening to myself as Webby is out working so going to get my crochet bag out, got some ends that need weaving in! Good night!