Well these went down quite well this morning! Here’s the recipe, I only used one teaspoon of baking powder and think they could probably do with a little more so would use 2 next time!
I stewed 125g blueberries and a handful of frozen raspberries for 10 minutes..
150g plain flour
75g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
125ml blueberries/raspberries, stewed
2tsp vanilla extract/almond essence
2 med eggs, beaten
Preheat the oven to gas 4 and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
Sieve the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl then add the almonds and sugar. Add the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula, stirring as you go, until just combined. Divide into cases, sprinkle with sugar, and bake for 20-30 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Lovely with a bit of clotted cream! As are the strawberry and raspberry muffins from the other day (left in the photo)!
Here are my five positive things for today!
- Holidays! As I was walking back from school this morning I started to think about today’s five.. My first one is definitely school holidays! No school runs for two weeks! We’re off to Wales tomorrow for a probably freeze-your-exremeties-right-off-cold break but it will be a break none the less! Maybe I should crochet myself some of these *snigger* I could make a matching little something for my husband.. Google ‘crochet willy warmer’ – they exist, I kid you not! Wonder how many more hits I’ll get for mentioning nipples and willies?! Anyway, am looking forward to family times, reading and a spot of crochet.
- Organisation. After my organisation fail yesterday with the Easter bonnet, I’m trying to make up for it today! I’ve cooked bolognese, chilli con carne (thank you again Hairy Bikers!) AND chicken cacciatore (I added peppers and some herbs to this recipe) to take away with us so there will be less cooking while we are there! I’ve ironed (a bit, see number 5!), washed, packed and shopped. Oh and dusted. Go me!
- Cast iron pot brought back to life.. after I thought I’d killed it with truly burnt on food! I found a tip online that suggested putting some washing detergent (powder) in it with some boiling water and leaving it to soak for an hour or so then scraping away the food. To my delight it worked! Woo hoo!
- Raspberry wars! Violet been blowing a whole load of raspberries today, it’s so very cute. We had a raspberry blowing war, she’s almost as good as me 😉
- My Mum. My Ma & Pa popped in today and as I’d got the ironing board out Mum took over and did the ironing for me! Thanks Ma 🙂 She also brought round some delicious home made biscuits, I’ll have to see if I can get the recipe!