Been a been slack in posting my five things recently! Apologies! Violet hasn’t been settling to well in the evening so been tricky for me to get chance to sit and type! HEre are a few positives for the last few days!
Babysitting. I did a spot of baby sitting for Jodi on Saturday night! They had been to a wedding! It’s a long day for little ones so I sat with the two little boys so they could stay for the evenings celebrations! I took Violet with me who fell asleep and settled on the sofa to my left, then Albie came and fell asleep on the sofa to my right (after drawing a lovely picture of Sylvie and Violet!), I was wedged!
‘I love you Mummy’. I took Xander with me to Morrisons yesterday to get foody stuff, he fancied some Shreddies so they got popped in the trolley! As we got out of the car he randomly said ‘I love you Mummy!’ 🙂
Assignment done! Webby had an assignment due in today but hadn’t had time to do any of it until this weekend so he got stuck in and managed to get it done over Saturday and Sunday! I proof read it last night and was impressed! He has so much knowledge! 🙂
Great Aunt. My Great Aunt visited this weekend to meet Violet, there was a bit of a family gathering at my folks’ house on Saturday which was lovely! We went back yesterday and I actually remembered my camera so managed to take some snaps! (I photographed my friend’s sister’s wedding earlier this year and left the house without my camera, had to go back and get it after dropping Violet off at my Mum and Dad’s!!)
She’s back! Millie’s teacher has been away for a few months and they’ve had a supply teacher instead. Millie’s really missed her as she’s a really lovely lady and today she returned, Millie was so excited!
Dubster. Violet aka Dubster (Her initials are VW – Volkswagen aka V-dubs – Dubster!) She had her 9 month development check on Friday, everything all ok, Health Visitor seemed quite taken with her! She’s coming on leaps and bounds so quickly, it’s amazing and scary and going far too fast! The last couple of nights she hasn’t wanted feeding to sleep, but has lay in bed next to me and just drifted off, I could just lie there and watch her!
Crochet. Off to have a muffin and do some crochet! 😀
Bon Voyage. Our friend who in visiting from France is leaving tomorrow so we spent the morning/early afternoon with her and her girls. Been lovely having them visit, must get our passports sorted so we can visit her! Safe journey home girls! 🙂
Super Nan. This afternoon we visited Webby’s Nan, who the kids have lovingly named ‘Super Nan’! Been a while since we’ve seen her, so that was lovely!
Nanny & Grandy’s! After Nan’s we went to Webby’s folks for the rest of the afternoon, the kids have been asking to visit them a lot recently, it’s been a few weeks since we’ve seen them for one reason or another so was good to catch up! Kids had a great play in the garden with one of their cousins and soaking up the sun!
VW print! Had a request for a print of one of the photographs I took from the VW show yesterday! 😀 So chuffed! It’s this one…
Standing. Violet’s been standing for a couple of seconds by herself eek! She’s been playing the ‘I’ll throw things on the floor and you can pick them up’ game a lot today! And saying ‘uh oh’ every time she does! Hehe!
Webby cuddle. Skin playing up again today. Got a doctors appointment next week, can’t remember if I’ve mentioned. Sometimes it gets me quite down and today I had a little weep. But then Webby gave me a cuddle and made me feel much better. Lucky to have him 🙂
VW show.. At Stanford hall, Lutterworth. Been a few years since we went to a Vdub show! It’s grown a lot since last time we were there! Started off cloudy but sun broke through turning the sky a gorgeous shade of blue and making the cars shine! Kids loved it and have now decided they want a camper van!
Family. We met up with some of the Webb family at the VW show! Including one who is visiting from Australia so that was great! Been a while since we’d seen some of the others so turned out to be a lovely day 🙂
Food diary. Been meaning to start a food diary but has been one of those things that keeps slipping my mind but since it’s been sore today I’ve just started one. Probably encourage me to be a bit healthier too! Must try and keep it up!
Nose in a book. Just been up to say goodnight to Millie and Xander and Millie has got her nose stuck in a new book! It’s House of Secrets by Chris Columbus (Goonies!) and Millie seems to be really enjoying it! Think I’ll read it when she’s done!
Still feeling rubbish, and now skin playing up too but could be worse, so here’s my five positives today!
Smiling. Woke up feeling positively dreadful however this photo Webby sent me made me smile 🙂
Lazy. Due to feeling rubbish, and Mr. Webb being at a footie match most the day, the kids and I had a very lazy day of DS playing, film watching and a spot of painting!
Painting! Millie painted this picture of me! Isn’t it fabulous?! She realised after that she’d forgotten my mole but that’s easily rectified!
Baking & not getting take away again! Baked a couple of batches of biscuits earlier! Wanted to try and use wholemeal flour instead of plain and they turned out ok!Mr Webb offered to get us chippy chips when he got back from football, and had we not of had them already this week I’d of snapped the offer up, but I was good and got chopping veg instead for a much healthier sweet ‘n’ sour. Figured I need the vitamins to fight off this damn cold! It’s so colourful 🙂 I used turkey ins tea of chicken.
Oat bath. Never tried one for soothing my skin, don’t really know why but thought a nice relaxing bath would help me feel better! I think it has soothed so I shall be trying it again in the future!
Made a start. This morning we made a start on clearing the room that will be the girls’ room! The walls have been stripped, holes filled, but now we need to wallpaper and paint. We haven’t got round to doing any since last year for one reason or another so felt good to get going again!
Just sitting. The sun was out today and shining on our back garden this morning so I went and sat out there in the peace and quiet, listening to the birds chirping away! Got my camera out and took a few snaps round the garden, then Millie joined me!
Found! A few weeks ago Millie thought she’d left a watch she’d been given for Christmas at the swimming baths, I asked yesterday if it had been handed in, which it hadn’t. I was going to ask my friend who’d given it to her where she’d bought it so i could replace it. Anyway, today I put on a jacket I hadn’t worn for a few weeks, and it was in the pocket! Millie was so chuffed to have found it 🙂
Picnic! We were invited across to my friend Jodi‘s house today for a picnic and a walk. We very nearly cancelled as my husband wasn’t feeling very well but instead of doing that, I took the kids across by myself! They were so excited and I thought they’d benefit from the fresh air and company and my husband encouraged us to go, so off we went! We had a lovely walk up the big hill at the back of their house and then enjoyed our picnic in the sun, which included delicious courgette and raisin muffins Jodi made, then the kids went off and played den building whilst we stopped with the babies and chatted! All that followed by a cup of tea and more playing back at their house, made for a wonderful afternoon! Looking forward to next time when Webby can come 🙂
The gift of Nintendo! This evening our friends Sarah and Tim popped across to drop off a Nintendo 64 that Tim has very kindly given Webby us 😉 Sarah’s just set up her own beauty business Core Beauty (if you’re local to Lichfield go check out her page!) and I’m planning of having something done next week at some point!
Snippet of children’s TV. Millie and Xander were watching some television this morning and I over heard a snippet of one of the programs. A girl was upset about having lost her hat and the boy was saying that it didn’t matter as it was just a hat and could be replaced and it was ok because she could enjoy and be excited by the adventure of trying to find her hat! I liked the little snippet I overheard.
Tees. The children were playing outside in the sunshine, in t-shirts! Millie complains of cold as soon as it gets anywhere near single figure degrees centigrade so it must be warming up! Was lovely to see them playing together, they made a treasure map using chalk on the slabs and pegs as the treasure! Then had a go at skipping together 🙂
Managed to make a start on my skirt today! Only got as far as cutting the fabric before Violet woke but that’s progress!! Maybe do a bit more this evening 🙂
Yellow. I love the colour yellow, it’s so cheery! The daffodils in the garden have popped up and they really brighten up the garden! Spotted these funky spiky ones in amongst the normal daffodils!
Lidl treat. Popped to Lidl this afternoon to pick up some of their ice creams! My husband is a fan of this particular chocolate ice cream (with crunchy bits!) and I thought it would be a nice treat for us all, they do mini ice creams too so the children can have a bit without filling themselves too much! Even Violet struck gold when she found a bit of chocolate on the floor that had fallen off Daddy’s! Oops!
Hwyl fawr Cymru! Goodbye Wales! I love hearing the Welsh language, it takes me back to uni days (I went to uni in North Wales) and hearing my friend speaking Welsh on the phone. Every now and then you’d hear an English word thrown in (usually ‘vodka’! Can’t have done her much harm, she’s currently teaching out in Thailand!) Happy days. I digress. We’ve had a smashing time and can’t wait to go back! We had a giggle in the car over Xander calling Aberystwyth ‘have-a-biscuit’, that was after asking ‘is that Chinese?’ We shall be returning in October! These are a few of the last shots I took yesterday..This is the hill we climbed yesterday! They’re hard to see but at the top of the hill there’s three crosses, that is where I took yesterday’s photographs from!
On our way home we stopped at Bwlch Nant yr Arian Forest Visitor Centre to see the red kites. We also went for a walk/climb following one of the shorter trails up the mountain. The views from the top were breath taking!
Runner. I guess I can call myself a runner now! I know it’s featured a lot in my five positive things posts but I never thought I’d be someone who took trainers with me on holiday to go running, yet I did and I’m very glad of it! I look forward to running on New Quay’s beach again later this year!
Porridge. I love the stuff! Found myself thinking about a nice bowl of it whilst running this morning (I sometimes go before breakfast). This morning I had blueberries and banana, if we have them I like to put raspberries in as well. Nutella (or cocoa) and banana is tasty too! Cinnamon and banana or cinnamon, apple and raisins is delicious. Or just plain old sugar is just as good! If I’m using fruit I always put it in while porridge is cooking as opposed to stirring in after. What do you have on yours?
Cupboard sorting. Now we’re back we’re eager to carry on de-cluttering, starting with the cupboard in the hall which seems to have become a bit of a dumping ground! So I’m off to flick through cookery and craft books, scanning pages I want to keep and selling,charity or passing them on for someone else to enjoy!
1. Midnight smiles and co-sleeping. Generally at night Violet goes to bed in her cot but sometimes she won’t settle in it after she’s woken for a feed so she just comes in bed with us, none of this cry it out Gina Ford malarkey. The last couple if nights it’s been really chilly so we’ve had heat on but then been too hot! I ended up pushing Webby out the bed (in my sleep!) oops! So last night he set up camp in the big kids room so I could comfortably share with Violet (love him I do!) I came to bed about 11:30pm which disturbed Violet enough to wake her so in she came. She was all smiley and cuddley for a few minutes after she’d had some milk, then she just drifted off to sleep. I love waking up with her little happy face looking up at me!
2. Beach run. Finally got to run on the beach today after the tide being in fail from Saturday! Felt great to have the sound of the waves keeping me going. I took a few shots along the way…
3. Running gear. Got some new running stuff whilst out and about today. ‘Til now I’ve just been running in old joggers and a hoody so hopefully will feel more comfy now!
4. Sea air hair. You know when you’ve been on the beach, it’s really windy and your hair is all tangled from being blown all over the place? That! Love it! We started off visiting Aberystwyth and ended up going to Borth as well! It’s a place Webby used to go as a child so he wanted to go back and see if it was as he remembered. He said it had changed a lot but it was still beautiful. I have to agree! We drove down to the sand dunes where you can park your car on the beach by the estuary. We sat and had sandwiches and chocolate muffins then Millie and Xander each had a go at driving the car! Queue copious amounts of excitement and giggling!
Then off we went for a mini trek round the sand dunes. Millie and Xander had a brilliant time running up and down and hiding behind the grass!
It was stunning weather too though a little too windy for Violet! Luckily she was wrapped up warm and snuggling Daddy!
The wind had made some great patterns in the sand..
5. Beetle drive! Spotted this game in a toy shop in Aberystwyth. Once Violet was asleep we had a game! Great fun! Xander won the first game!
1. Waking up. Woke up to sun trying to shine through the blinds this morning! Bea
This is the view from our bedroom!
2. Run! Have had a week off running due to the weather and the pavements being deadlier than the road (in my head I wrote that to the Space song – Female of the Species!) Today I put my trainers on and off I went. Was a tough one today, a combination of not having run for a week, trying to pick up where I left off, hills and stitch are accountable for that! The two mile run turned out to be a two mile run then a two mile walk back, next time I’ll be making sure the tide is out! But it’s done and that feels good!
Not bad views running round here!
3. Daffodils and lambs! Signs spring is on it’s way and that we can hopefully turn our backs on the snow and gloom for a while! According to the Independant it’s been the coldest March for half a century! It’s all this global warming eh?
4. At the moment Violet will try and sometimes eat pretty much anything I put in front of her which is more than can be said for my eldest two! I try not to worry about that though, am sure their tastes will broaden as they get older. It’s a pleasure to see Violet munching away! She’s the only one of my children that will eat tomatoes, here she is demolishing some raspberries and getting it all over her face!
In the words of Sir Cliff, “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!”