I adapted this recipe slightly! I used two small avocados, one banana, 80ml honey, 80ml oat milk, pinch salt and a squeeze of lemon. Whizz it in a food processor until smooth and pop in a container. Freeze for an hour or so, give it a mix then return to freezer. Repeat another once or twice until ready to serve. I topped with raspberries. Was lovely and there wasn’t much left!
My five positives today:
1. Ice creams at the beach. Despite the bitter wind we couldn’t resist homemade ice cream! Hard to choose a flavour (they had some different ones like Malteser and Fererro Rocher) but I went with white chocolate, which was delicious, Millie and Xander had mint choc chip and Webby had coffee. Next time I think I’m going to try Devon fudge or apple & blackberry crumble! What’s your favourite flavour?
2. New experiences. Part of the joy of having a young baby is the opportunity for so many new experiences! Today was Violet’s first time exploring sand! Millie was digging with her hands next to her and she thought it was hilarious! Must of been exhausting, this beach business, she zonked a few minutes after being put in her push chair!
3. Moving forward. Webby and I have been discussing the next step of our decluttering and how we still have a lot of stuff we can throw out. I’ve also been reading more of ‘You can buy happiness’, the author like my husband has done the 100 items challenge and I’m thinking of giving it a go! Or at least, like she says, writing down a list of my possessions may make me realise the things I could live without. I feel quite inspired to be ruthless about any further decluttering in order to be less distracted by stuff and gain more precious time to enjoy what really makes people happy – experiences and relationships.
4. Salad. And oven baked potatoes and corn on the cob both with just butter and salt. Simple, fresh, easy, healthy, tasty food!
5. Perfect day. As my husband said, today has been a perfect day! Sunshine, crochet, reading, walk to the local shops, games, naps, ice creams, fun on the beach, family time, good food, Easter eggs and love!