I thought it might of been tricky to find five as we have had a lazy day today and not done a lot but actually it’s been easy!
1. Kisses. Violet’s been kissing me lots today. They’re a bit soggy but I don’t care one bit!
2. Giggles. We’ve had some giggles today! This morning we were all sat eating breakfast and Violet did a rather noisy trump! That alone was quite amusing but the fact she looked round as if to say “who did that?!” Or “where did that come from?!” made it more so!
3. Teaching. Gave Millie a crochet lesson today, teaching her single crochet at the moment. Lovely to be able to pass on a skill she’ll hopefully have her whole life!
4. My girls. I don't have a sister but I always wanted one! I think sisters have a different kind of bond to other siblings. We were watching Violet chuckling away at Millie earlier, Millie was crawling round the floor and Violet was really giggling at her! Warms my heart to see. I do hope they're close when they're older!
5. Take time to do nothing. It's important to have some you time, even if its just five minutes. I sat on one of the window seats here early this morning just looking out the window and pondering. The wind was up and doing its best to blow through the gaps in the sash windows, fishermen were coming and going in their little boats, seagulls floating on the breeze, white tips on the waves, and quiet me time. Bliss.
1. Our beautiful country. Drove through some stunning scenery on our way to Wales, the mountains still covered in snow. Been a while since we did a log car journey with Violet, she hasn’t been a massive fan of the car but she was much more settled today 🙂
2. Sunshine. The journey was made much more pleasant by the presence of the sun warming the car and lifting spirits! A good start to our break! I hope we see more of it during this week!
3. I can see the sea. We can see it from the cottage we’re staying in, stunning! It’s so peaceful.
4. Clapping! Violet has been clapping today, it’s not the first time she’s clapped but is the first time she’s done it and been able to make a sound!
5. Reading and crochet. Not picked up my kindle for a few weeks but today I did and read a few pages of You Can Buy Happiness (and it’s cheap). Interesting stuff and makes a lot of sense. In this chapter the author writes about the link between debt and depression. Also enjoyed a spot of crochet. If only my multi tasking skills were such that I could do both at the same time!
Here are my five positive things for today!
- Holidays! As I was walking back from school this morning I started to think about today’s five.. My first one is definitely school holidays! No school runs for two weeks! We’re off to Wales tomorrow for a probably freeze-your-exremeties-right-off-cold break but it will be a break none the less! Maybe I should crochet myself some of these *snigger* I could make a matching little something for my husband.. Google ‘crochet willy warmer’ – they exist, I kid you not! Wonder how many more hits I’ll get for mentioning nipples and willies?! Anyway, am looking forward to family times, reading and a spot of crochet.
- Organisation. After my organisation fail yesterday with the Easter bonnet, I’m trying to make up for it today! I’ve cooked bolognese, chilli con carne (thank you again Hairy Bikers!) AND chicken cacciatore (I added peppers and some herbs to this recipe) to take away with us so there will be less cooking while we are there! I’ve ironed (a bit, see number 5!), washed, packed and shopped. Oh and dusted. Go me!
- Cast iron pot brought back to life.. after I thought I’d killed it with truly burnt on food! I found a tip online that suggested putting some washing detergent (powder) in it with some boiling water and leaving it to soak for an hour or so then scraping away the food. To my delight it worked! Woo hoo!
- Raspberry wars! Violet been blowing a whole load of raspberries today, it’s so very cute. We had a raspberry blowing war, she’s almost as good as me 😉
- My Mum. My Ma & Pa popped in today and as I’d got the ironing board out Mum took over and did the ironing for me! Thanks Ma 🙂 She also brought round some delicious home made biscuits, I’ll have to see if I can get the recipe!