- Hwyl fawr Cymru! Goodbye Wales! I love hearing the Welsh language, it takes me back to uni days (I went to uni in North Wales) and hearing my friend speaking Welsh on the phone. Every now and then you’d hear an English word thrown in (usually ‘vodka’! Can’t have done her much harm, she’s currently teaching out in Thailand!) Happy days. I digress. We’ve had a smashing time and can’t wait to go back! We had a giggle in the car over Xander calling Aberystwyth ‘have-a-biscuit’, that was after asking ‘is that Chinese?’ We shall be returning in October! These are a few of the last shots I took yesterday.. This is the hill we climbed yesterday! They’re hard to see but at the top of the hill there’s three crosses, that is where I took yesterday’s photographs from!
- On our way home we stopped at Bwlch Nant yr Arian Forest Visitor Centre to see the red kites. We also went for a walk/climb following one of the shorter trails up the mountain. The views from the top were breath taking!
- Runner. I guess I can call myself a runner now! I know it’s featured a lot in my five positive things posts but I never thought I’d be someone who took trainers with me on holiday to go running, yet I did and I’m very glad of it! I look forward to running on New Quay’s beach again later this year!
- Porridge. I love the stuff! Found myself thinking about a nice bowl of it whilst running this morning (I sometimes go before breakfast). This morning I had blueberries and banana, if we have them I like to put raspberries in as well. Nutella (or cocoa) and banana is tasty too! Cinnamon and banana or cinnamon, apple and raisins is delicious. Or just plain old sugar is just as good! If I’m using fruit I always put it in while porridge is cooking as opposed to stirring in after. What do you have on yours?
- Cupboard sorting. Now we’re back we’re eager to carry on de-cluttering, starting with the cupboard in the hall which seems to have become a bit of a dumping ground! So I’m off to flick through cookery and craft books, scanning pages I want to keep and selling,charity or passing them on for someone else to enjoy!