- Millie. She’s so lovely. This morning she was really helpful, without being asked, she got her stuff ready, watched Violet while I was in shower, helped tidy, all before school. I love her to bits, she’s amazing 🙂
- Visitors. My friend from France visited us today! We had a good catch up and there was leg munching involved!! I’m sure Violet wonders why her chubby legs attract so much attention!! 🙂
- Phone call. Had a positive phone call this afternoon! Thats all I’m saying on that matter for the moment!!
- Baby wearing. A lady who I follow on Instagram posted a photo of her baby in a wrap today, I commented saying what a lovely colour it was and she replied saying that it was thanks to myself and Jodi posting pictures of ourselves with our wraps that she gave it a go, how lovely!
- Crochet. Going to go get my crochet bag out! Been a little while since I’ve done any, got some ends to weave in which isn’t very appealing so it’s been neglected! But I’ve got the urge again tonight!
Five positive things.
1. Simple things. We brought a few toys on holiday with us for Violet but today she’s had the most fun sitting in the laundry basket full of clothes, being pulled round by Xander! Also she loves labels so was sat fiddling with the label on her blanket, glad I didn’t just snip it off! Then at lunchtime she got very excited about a crisp packet after getting over being scared of the crinkling noise!!
2. Up the hill. It’s very hilly round here on the coast of mid-Wales, Webby fancied climbing one that was close by, I was a little off put by the steepness of the incline since I was wearing Violet but it seems the running is paying off and I managed it without my inhaler! We were rewarded with fantastic views from the top!
3. Breastfeeding. This is the longest I’ve breastfed any of my children. I’m thoroughly enjoying it and wish I’d persevered at it with Millie and Xander! Today while so were climbing the hill
of doom Violet was getting a bit upset so I loosened the wrap and dropped her down to boob level and fed her on the go, wasn’t long before she was snoozing away, snug as a bug!
4. Handwritten post. These days it’s rare to get a handwritten piece of mail aside from birthday cards, and even they are dwindling thanks to text messages and Facebook, though in my case I’ve used them as a means of sending birthday wishes on time as I’m often not on the ball with birthday card sending organisation! But I’m working on that now I’m using Phoenix Cards! Anyway gone off in a tangent… Millie asked if she could get a couple of postcards and beautifully wrote them out and popped them in the post today! The lucky recipients should be receiving them in a couple of days and it will no doubt be the first hand written post they’ve had in a while and put a smile in their face!
5. Sand castles. We all got stuck in building a sand castle on the beach today! It had a bridge and everything! Just think, we’re creating the kids’ holiday memories, I hope they remember them to be as happy as I do!
Five for today are!
1. Midnight smiles and co-sleeping. Generally at night Violet goes to bed in her cot but sometimes she won’t settle in it after she’s woken for a feed so she just comes in bed with us, none of this cry it out Gina Ford malarkey. The last couple if nights it’s been really chilly so we’ve had heat on but then been too hot! I ended up pushing Webby out the bed (in my sleep!) oops! So last night he set up camp in the big kids room so I could comfortably share with Violet (love him I do!) I came to bed about 11:30pm which disturbed Violet enough to wake her so in she came. She was all smiley and cuddley for a few minutes after she’d had some milk, then she just drifted off to sleep. I love waking up with her little happy face looking up at me!
3. Running gear. Got some new running stuff whilst out and about today. ‘Til now I’ve just been running in old joggers and a hoody so hopefully will feel more comfy now!
4. Sea air hair. You know when you’ve been on the beach, it’s really windy and your hair is all tangled from being blown all over the place? That! Love it! We started off visiting Aberystwyth and ended up going to Borth as well! It’s a place Webby used to go as a child so he wanted to go back and see if it was as he remembered. He said it had changed a lot but it was still beautiful. I have to agree! We drove down to the sand dunes where you can park your car on the beach by the estuary. We sat and had sandwiches and chocolate muffins then Millie and Xander each had a go at driving the car! Queue copious amounts of excitement and giggling!
Then off we went for a mini trek round the sand dunes. Millie and Xander had a brilliant time running up and down and hiding behind the grass!
It was stunning weather too though a little too windy for Violet! Luckily she was wrapped up warm and snuggling Daddy!
The wind had made some great patterns in the sand..
- School Easter service. I’m not religious but I do love to see the kids singing along at the Easter service! Violet enjoyed it too though she jumped every time the clapping started!!
- Google. As usual I’d left the Easter bonnet till last minute and didn’t manage to get out to buy one. So I trusted good old Google to rescue me! Google found me the Good to Know website with a template for an Easter bunny mask! I think Xander makes a very cute Easter bunny don’t you?!Also thank you Google for finding me tips on how to make rock hard sugar soft again! We shall have banana cake!
- Thanks Dad. Yesterday Dad was my taxi since our car is stuck in the garage being fixed! Much appreciated!
- Babywearing. Love using my wrap to carry Violet, it’s so snuggly and useful to have my hands free, especially on the school run! Its a Girasol Earthy Rainbow from LoveToBeNatural.co.uk. I also have a Rose & Rebellion full buckle carrier, but I tend to use that when I’m out and about in the car. Today it came in extra handy since I needed to post a large item and as I mentioned I don’t have use of the car. So I put the parcel on the pushchair and pushed it to the Post Office whilst wearing Violet! Mission accomplished!
- Healthy cooking. I used to love a take away but recently I don’t seem to enjoy them. They’re so unhealthy and I just feel rubbish eating them! It can’t do you any favours! I spotted this recipe for sweet ‘n’ sour in the Hairy Bikers dieting book so thought I’d give it a go. It’s so quick and easy and delicious! Tonight I’ve tried it with turkey instead of chicken to make it slightly cheaper. Have tried a couple of other recipes from their dieting book and they’ve been very good! I don’t watch much of their TV shows but my son calls them ‘the funny men’!