So now I’m dairy free, I obviously can’t have milky tea. I was advised to steer clear of other animal milks and soya is out too so I’ve been using oat milk which I don’t fancy in tea!
After reading a few articles about benefits of hot water with lemon juice first thing in the morning, thats what I’ve been drinking when I wake up (with some honey). I can stomach black tea (really weak, literally dunk the tea bag into the hot water and take it out again) and oat milk is ok in coffee (I use agave as a sweetener as I have sugar in my coffee!)
Until now I’ve been a fan or fruit or herbal teas, I’ve tried various shop bought ones and just didn’t like them.. until a friend recommended teapigs! You can actually find them in supermarkets and although they’re expensive, they’re totally worth it! I’ve only tried one flavour so far – peppermint and liquorice but I love it!!
Then in the evening I’ve been getting my chocolate fix via hot chocolate! Again using oat milk, some good quality unsweetened cocoa powder and agave syrup or honey. Perfect!
My five things for today..
1. Walking. Walked to the shops today instead of being lazy and going in the car! This meant putting Violet in push chair where she was playing ‘peek-a-boo’ with her blanket!
2. Facebook page. Launched a page dedicated to my Three Violet Buttons shop, up to 30 likes today and had two orders for booties! Thank you to those who have liked and shared, much appreciated!
3. Happy customers. The lady whom the blanket I’ve been crocheting is for received her blanket and booties and is really pleased with them so I’m really chuffed! I also asked after some booties I’d made in a bigger size to see how they fit and I was told they’re perfect!
4. Bye bye oven. Getting a new oven tomorrow, can’t wait as our current one is one that we got with the house when we moved in so will be nice to have one from new!
5. Sleep. Violet has slept much better the last couple of nights!, not quite so unsettled as she has been!
Hello! Sorry, again, for the lack of daily blogs, been busy crocheting the blanket order which is all done now so will try get back into blogging! A lovely school Mum told me she missed my blogs today so thats spurred me to start up again!
Here’s my five positives for today!
- Sunshine. Had a bit of sunshine this afternoon so Violet and I sat on the grass outside for a bit, she was giggling at me throwing a plastic ball up and down, I was giving her the ball to have a play but she kept giving it back to me so I’d throw it again!
- Plants revived! Over the weekend my husband moved some seedlings from the unfinished patch at the back of he garden into one of the borders. They were a bit droopy from being moved and we weren’t sure they’d survive but they are starting to look up!
- Waiting for Daddy. Millie was sat outside the front waiting for Webby to come home tonight. She always asks what time Daddy’s coming home, its lovely! I think she was excited to show him her new school bag!
- Percy Pigs and Colin Caterpillars. My husband came back home from work with two bags of sweets for me from Marks & Spencer, I love little gifts like that!
- Three Violet Buttons. Finally I’ve opened up my shop on Folksy! Have spent a fair bit of time working on a banner for it today, and listing a few items. I’ve got a couple of pars of booties in my head I want to make, need to build up my stock!