Positives for today are..
- Jobs done. Had quite a productive morning. I had to cancel a coffee morning as Violet full of cold and we’d not slept so instead I got a few things done that needed sorting! Rang Orange and chased up my phone as I’d not had a confirmation email, turns out payment hadn’t gone through so did it over the phone instead, new phone arrives tomorrow! Ordered new fence panels, coming next week, nearly there with the garden! Emailed local paper about the fact we haven’t been getting one delivered! And did the online food shop! Doesn’t sound like much but took most of the morning! Friend Em popped in for lunch between working, lovely to have a bit of a catch up 🙂
- Funny boy. Xander says the funniest things sometimes! Webby needed a lift back from the train station this evening so we all got in the car then I realised the kids car seats were in the boot. I explained to them that it was because we had taken Grandma and Granddad shopping yesterday. Millie said she could smell Grandma on the seats, then Xander announced ‘Grandma’s bottom smells of mint!’ Apparently thats the scent she’d left on the seats!!
- Uh-oh. I was sat with Violet on my knee, keeping her amused with my keys, she started throwing them on the floor (new game!) so I was saying ‘uh-oh’ then picking them up for her. Lo and behold she starts saying ‘uh-oh’ after dropping the keys too!!
- Fish ‘n’ chips. We cheated tonight and had chip shop fish ‘n’ chips for tea! Webby’s idea since we were both tired and not feeling much like preparing dinner! This was followed by a cup of tea and a Lidl ice cream whilst catching up with some Big Bang Theory – comfort food at it’s finest!! Violet finally fell asleep and was sparko on the sofa..
- Lucky. I’ve read a couple of blogs today that have left me feeling very grateful for what I have and sit back and think of how lucky we are and of how much we take for granted, how precious time is and how important it is not to waste it.