My five positive things today..
- Made a start. This morning we made a start on clearing the room that will be the girls’ room! The walls have been stripped, holes filled, but now we need to wallpaper and paint. We haven’t got round to doing any since last year for one reason or another so felt good to get going again!
- Just sitting. The sun was out today and shining on our back garden this morning so I went and sat out there in the peace and quiet, listening to the birds chirping away! Got my camera out and took a few snaps round the garden, then Millie joined me!
- Found! A few weeks ago Millie thought she’d left a watch she’d been given for Christmas at the swimming baths, I asked yesterday if it had been handed in, which it hadn’t. I was going to ask my friend who’d given it to her where she’d bought it so i could replace it. Anyway, today I put on a jacket I hadn’t worn for a few weeks, and it was in the pocket! Millie was so chuffed to have found it 🙂
- Picnic! We were invited across to my friend Jodi‘s house today for a picnic and a walk. We very nearly cancelled as my husband wasn’t feeling very well but instead of doing that, I took the kids across by myself! They were so excited and I thought they’d benefit from the fresh air and company and my husband encouraged us to go, so off we went! We had a lovely walk up the big hill at the back of their house and then enjoyed our picnic in the sun, which included delicious courgette and raisin muffins Jodi made, then the kids went off and played den building whilst we stopped with the babies and chatted! All that followed by a cup of tea and more playing back at their house, made for a wonderful afternoon! Looking forward to next time when Webby can come 🙂
- The gift of Nintendo! This evening our friends Sarah and Tim popped across to drop off a Nintendo 64 that Tim has very kindly given
Webbyus 😉 Sarah’s just set up her own beauty business Core Beauty (if you’re local to Lichfield go check out her page!) and I’m planning of having something done next week at some point!