Five positive things.
1. Simple things. We brought a few toys on holiday with us for Violet but today she’s had the most fun sitting in the laundry basket full of clothes, being pulled round by Xander! Also she loves labels so was sat fiddling with the label on her blanket, glad I didn’t just snip it off! Then at lunchtime she got very excited about a crisp packet after getting over being scared of the crinkling noise!!
2. Up the hill. It’s very hilly round here on the coast of mid-Wales, Webby fancied climbing one that was close by, I was a little off put by the steepness of the incline since I was wearing Violet but it seems the running is paying off and I managed it without my inhaler! We were rewarded with fantastic views from the top!
3. Breastfeeding. This is the longest I’ve breastfed any of my children. I’m thoroughly enjoying it and wish I’d persevered at it with Millie and Xander! Today while so were climbing the hill
of doom Violet was getting a bit upset so I loosened the wrap and dropped her down to boob level and fed her on the go, wasn’t long before she was snoozing away, snug as a bug!
4. Handwritten post. These days it’s rare to get a handwritten piece of mail aside from birthday cards, and even they are dwindling thanks to text messages and Facebook, though in my case I’ve used them as a means of sending birthday wishes on time as I’m often not on the ball with birthday card sending organisation! But I’m working on that now I’m using Phoenix Cards! Anyway gone off in a tangent… Millie asked if she could get a couple of postcards and beautifully wrote them out and popped them in the post today! The lucky recipients should be receiving them in a couple of days and it will no doubt be the first hand written post they’ve had in a while and put a smile in their face!
5. Sand castles. We all got stuck in building a sand castle on the beach today! It had a bridge and everything! Just think, we’re creating the kids’ holiday memories, I hope they remember them to be as happy as I do!